Friday, February 22, 2008

From David's Desk

Well my last blog about US citizens being the best in the world did get some emails and telephone response so, I guess that's good.

I do feel we are the best, kindest, and most giving people in the world. Unfortunately because of our values and willingness to help we are criticized and taken advantage of and have accomplished worldwide misunderstanding! For this reason I am vitally concerned about the coming elections. Sure, I'd like to take the easy road and just walk away, leaving folks to their own demise but that's not us. Plus, for the life of me and I'm older than most of you, I can't figure what's not to understand about people, the terrorist, that want to kill and bury our way of life. Call it what you will but I think we're involved in a very serious Holy War that we must win.

Now for you folks that don't have kids, or don't believe in what we're doing listen up, as a father that has a son in college that is already signed up in the Air Force I can appreciate what other father's feel. I must add that my son made his own decision to join and I asked him why? His answer and it brings tears to my eyes each time I say it, "well Dad, I love this country and it's done a lot for us and I feel it is every citizen's obligation to give back. And, four years is not asking too much for a life time." Where and what have you done for your country? Like Australia, if one doesn't like it here, then go somewhere else. But, you won't find the great folks like the one's next door, across the street and doing shows on Radio Sandy Springs, just because they care about others.

End of Soap Box. When you listen to the candidates are they really for your country or for themselves?

No comments: