Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Passions

Last night for those of you listening to Bernard Kearse's Following Your Passions show his guest was a lady from California Mrs. Engel I believe is the name.

They discussed folks that genuinely give of themselves and generously to charities like Paul Newman, the founder of Habitat etc. However, in my opinion the most important point she brought to the interview is what a giving country and people we are, and she's right.

Just today I received an email from some doctor in Indonesia who has written a book about the fact that the Avian Flu is real a US scheme to conquer the world. She happens to be the Health Minister. All I could say is what a crock!

Indonesia has been around a lot longer than the US and all they've managed to do is perfect poverty. Maybe this lady instead of worrying about how much she can make off her book of lies, should be out teaching her people what to do with a bar of soap!

Compassion - yes I have compassion but I'm also tired of the world taking potshots at the US when we do more for others than any other nation in the world. I'm not a big fan of Colin Powell but he did make a very good point the other day when he said something to the effect, the only land that the US has ever asked for or gotten even after conquering a country like Germany is enough land to bury our dead.

We are a great country with great giving people and my hat is off to Bernard and his guest.

No comments: