Tuesday, January 29, 2008

From Jon Copsey

So much for thinking about a weekly blog. It was only ever a pipe dream, really.

I did no go into the station on what would have been my second Saturday. This was due to several reasons, none of them being laziness. Promise. As you may recall, that was the Saturday that Georgia snowed. I’m sure that within a few years it will have entered the realm of myth and be told to wide-eyed youngsters about that ting called ‘snow.’

Being a Northerner, I didn’t see much problem with the .4 inches, but had no faith in the driving skills of my fellow motorists. In the two trips I made that morning, I witnessed several accidents or the remains of an accident. So you understand why I was not keen on driving from Roswell down to everyone’s favorite radio station.

I did, in fact, show up at the station this past Saturday. Not that there was much to do. Most of the shows were repeats that day, so other than Temple of Health it was all on automatic. Dan showed me their production room and instructed me on the magical ways of cutting a recorded show into segments and taking out the ads.

You have no idea how mind numbing a task that was.

Next weekend, for the Master Gardener Hour, I will be the roaming station remotely operating the boards. It seems a fairly straightforward task, but I’m sure something will happen during such things. It seems awfully soon to be giving me such a task, having really only done a few hours of work with the station, but David seems to have confidence in me (poor soul). Like I said, it does not seem too complicated.

In other news, who knew the State of the Union was tonight? I guess all the excitement over the presidential primaries didn’t leave enough time for the usual week long gearing up for the address that the news channels do. I wonder what will be on the agenda for the coming year? Only one way to find out.

I think that’s all for now, so happy listening!

No comments: